When receiving your bouquet
When you receive your bouquet of flowers from Everlyn & Austin Floristry, it’s important to take the time to condition them which will help them stay fresh for longer.
Here are some tips for conditioning and taking care of your flowers.
- When you first receive your flowers, cut off approximately 1-2 inches from the stem ends and place them in a clean vase with room temperature water.
- Use a sharp knife or scissors and make sure the stems are submerged in the water.
- Add in the flower food that comes with your bouquey, this will help the flowers to last longer and kill any bacteria that can be in the water and vase.
- Leave your flowers in a cool place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Change the water every second day and make sure you remove any wilted flowers and foliage from the vase.
- When you change the water, cut off another 1-2 inches from the stem ends and add fresh water.
- If your flowers start to droop, you can give them a little pick-me-up by recutting the stems, changing the water and adding fresh flower food.
- You may also want to mist your flowers with a spray bottle filled with room temperature water.
This will not only help keep them hydrated, but will also help keep them looking vibrant and fresh. By following these simple steps, you can enjoy your beautiful bouquet of flowers from Everlyn & Austin Floristry for days to come.
Made with love,
The Everlyn & Austin Floristry Team